– An upward arrow, in Northwest Blue, represents a diverse community coming together to be with God and with each other.
– A downward arrow, in Passion Red, represents the Gospel, that is, God coming to be with us.
– The middle of the cross, in Dark Brick, represents the Hope that is found when we join together, and God is with us.
– The shape overall is taken from the cross pattern in our Sanctuary, points to the legacy of Emmanuel in Tacoma, as well as to the Cross where Hope is found.
– To provide an inclusive place of worship where His people live and demonstrate their faith through service and hope.
The Bible: We believe the Bible is infallible and is the Word of God. It is alive and active, and must be studied in its correct context to be fully understood.
Salvation Through Christ: We assert that it is through faith in Jesus Christ alone, and his death and resurrection, that we are saved. This is a gift from God, and not from ourselves.
Prayer: We value prayer because we believe communication with God is essential in order to build a relationship with Him. Through prayer, our deepest desires are made known to God, and He inclines His ear to hear us.
Community: Building community allows us to grow in our faith with one another. We are all members of the Body of Christ. No one part is greater than the other, and we all have a specific role.
Generosity: We know God has been so generous to us, in turn we should be generous towards Him and others with our time, talents, and resources.
Servant Leadership: Every leader must be a servant first. Jesus was the ultimate servant leader in dying for our sins, so there is no job beneath us.
Submission to Authority: How we submit to authority shows the level at which we are capable of leading. In order to honor God, we must honor our leaders.